Russian English Speakers, like all Toastmasters clubs, is not-for-profit and run by unpaid volunteers.
As a member of our club serving on our Committee is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
The leadership roles are:
- President. Opens the club meetings, chairs committee meetings and represents the club to the outside world
- Vice President Education. Plans the meetings and ensures that members achieve their goals
- Vice President Membership. Recruits new members and ensures ongoing membership strength
- Vice President Public Relations. Informs the local community about our club
- Treasurer. Handles all financial matters
- Secretary. Keeps all club records and manages committee meetings
- Sergeant-at-Arms. Manages the venue and all physical aspects of club meetings
Where possible we change all of the club leaders once a year, though some people move to a different role.
Any member can join the committee – everybody is encouraged to do so at least once.
The committee term is 1 year, from 1 July to 30 June.
The new team will be appointed during May, so let us know of your interest as soon as possible.